When most people think about a book launch, they think about an external book launch—a hard launch to the masses.
As you consider your external book launch approaches, remember to reflect on your target audience and niche, niche, niche! An external book launch is always exciting, but think about how exciting it could be with a capsule podcast as a companion!
- You could use it as a tool to help your internal launch team externally promote your book.
- You could use it as a taste tester for media outlets or companies seeking speakers to get a glimpse of you and your message.
- And you could even use it to help people lift the book’s messages from the page and into their lives.
The opportunities are endless! In this episode, walk away with some tangible ideas on how to make your external book launch successful, and how a podcast could be a solution to support it!
Here are some of my favorite highlights from this episode:
- Do you know the different types of book launches that exist? I break down the various types before we dive into how a podcast can be a tactic in an external launch effort. (5:57 and 11:18)
- Target audience is an important part of a book marketing strategy, and knowing this is pivotal to leveraging a podcast as a tactic for an external book launch. (7:12)
- A podcast could offer your internal launch team the opportunity to help you with an external launch effort. Some examples are highlighted. (12:27)
- Betsy Wallace shares an example of how another thought leader uses a podcast to reach more people. (13:19)
- Use a podcast to develop upon the messages found within your book and encourage people to lift the messages from the page and invite them into their every day. I share some examples. (14:34)
- Your podcast could be a great tool in your visibility strategy. (15:51)
If you are a nonfiction author who is interested in utilizing a capsule podcast as a tactic to support a meaningful marketing strategy for your book or your business, the emPower PR Group can help. Visit our website to learn more about our podcasting for authors solution and download our Author’s Guide to Podcasting resource. Starting a podcast should be strategic, and we are prepped and ready to help you link it to your overarching strategies and ensure that the end result is something that will help differentiate you to your target audience!
Resources highlighted in the episode include the following.
- Betsy shares a great call to action example of Lewis Howes’ podcast, School of Greatness. Take a listen.
- Learn more about how the emPower PR Group helps authors create podcasts and download the Author’s Guide to Podcasting.
Check out the other episodes in this season of The emPowered Author Podcast.
- 1.1 Don’t Just Be a Guest, Be a Podcast Host
- 1.2 Using a Podcast with an Internal Launch
- 1.4 How a Podcast is a Powerful Authorpreneur Tool
- 1.5 How to Use a Podcast for Opt-ins, Lead Magnets and Nurture Campaigns
- 1.6 Use a Podcast to Get On a Podcast
Listen on your favorite podcast platform.
Watch on YouTube
If you have a strategy that is focused on recruitment, engagement and retention, and you utilize a podcast as a specific deliverable to ensure that strategy is reached… well, that is gold. And that is where I think a capsule podcast can come in.
Stephanie and Betsy share how a podcast can be an amazing complement to an external book launch, both in helping you spread the word and emPowering your launch team to help in book promotion, too. Watch episode 1.3 of The emPowered Author Podcast on YouTube.
Memorable Quotes from the Episode
Not sure how a capsule podcast could support your overarching marketing goals and strategies?!
No worries … we’ve pulled out some of the innovative ideas that are shared throughout season one of the podcast and are excited to share those with you — and share how they have a direct correlation to your overarching marketing strategies.
Meet the Podcast Host and Guest
emPower PR Group
Stephanie Feger is passionate about helping authors make their author emPact. As the host of The emPowered Author Podcast, she has merged her love for reading books, writing books and marketing books to help authors be successful by sharing emPactful marketing strategies and tactics through the podcast. As an author herself and a seasoned book marketing expert, her goal is to ensure that authors are strategic and focused when it comes to book marketing.
Betsy Wallace loves to listen to a good podcast and loves creating them! Having co-hosted, produced and edited over 300+ podcasts, she has learned first-hand how to take a powerful message and package it into a meaningful experience for listeners. While her business works with individuals from a wide range of industries, she has seen the power of the capsule podcast for authors in building visibility, creating ongoing engagement, and selling books.