Many authors look to podcasting as a part of their visibility strategy.
Getting on other podcasts as a guest offers an opportunity to reach more people through trusted platforms that they are engaging with. But what if you are that trusted source, and what if you have a podcast that drives your target readers to learn more about your book, your offerings and you? Podcast guesting is a visibility strategy; podcast hosting is a business strategy. While I definitely agree that being a guest on other people’s podcasts is a smart marketing tactic as it gets you the opportunity to reach new people through new platforms regularly, another smart tactic may very well be hosting your own podcast, too!
Have you wanted to host a podcast? Are you terrified of what that may mean? How in the world can a podcast align with your book and book marketing goals? Hosting a podcast is a big undertaking, but when you lead with strategy, it could be a very effective tool for your book, your business and your message.
Here are some of my favorite highlights from this episode:
- Learn how Betsy Wallace of Capsule Podcast identified the need to help others, like authors, create Capsule Podcasts, too. As a podcast host herself, she identified a trend in the business space for mini-series and saw the need for a solution for others. (6:40)
- Uncover the types of investment that authors are asking of readers and authors are asking of their podcast listeners, too. This is a time investment and a financial investment. (9:39)
- Learn how to test out podcast tactics by leveraging a unique perspective to podcasting. A capsule podcast allows you to test the waters and see if it has traction for your readers and/or clients and identify if you enjoy the content sharing platform. (12:01)
- Understanding the difference between strategies and tactics, and how your podcast can play a meaningful role in your business strategy as a tactic to your overarching business strategies. (13:10 and 20:02)
- How six podcasts gives you enough time to get some depth into a podcast and allows people to get to know you but in a way that listeners and readers have capacity to absorb. Hear insights on why this is meaningful for authors specifically. (14:46)
- Should every author have a podcast? Probably not! At least not without a strategy. If you want to host a podcast, uncover your why and how it aligns. (16:27)
If you are a nonfiction author who is interested in utilizing a capsule podcast as a tactic to support a meaningful marketing strategy for your book or your business, the emPower PR Group can help. Visit our website to learn more about our podcasting for authors solution and download our Author’s Guide to Podcasting resource. Starting a podcast should be strategic, and we are prepped and ready to help you link it to your overarching strategies and ensure that the end result is something that will help differentiate you to your target audience!
Resources highlighted in the episode include the following.
- Read the latest Buzzsprout article on podcasting statistics.
- Learn more about how the emPower PR Group helps authors create podcasts and download the Author’s Guide to Podcasting.
Check out the other episodes in this season of The emPowered Author Podcast.
- 1.2 Using a Podcast with an Internal Launch
- 1.3 Using a Podcast with an External Launch
- 1.4 How a Podcast is a Powerful Authorpreneur Tool
- 1.5 How to Use a Podcast for Opt-ins, Lead Magnets and Nurture Campaigns
- 1.6 Use a Podcast to Get On a Podcast
Listen on your favorite podcast platform.
Watch on YouTube
You don’t want to be producing a podcast over here and the rest of your marketing plans over there. You want to make these six episodes so that they are used with precision, super strategically across all of your marketing.
Stephanie and Betsy share why they believe that podcast hosting may be a sound strategy for authors to consider in addition to guesting on other podcasts. Watch episode 1.1 of The emPowered Author Podcast on YouTube.
Memorable Quotes from the Episode
Not sure how a capsule podcast could support your overarching marketing goals and strategies?!
No worries … we’ve pulled out some of the innovative ideas that are shared throughout season one of the podcast and are excited to share those with you — and share how they have a direct correlation to your overarching marketing strategies.
Meet the Podcast Host and Guest
emPower PR Group
Stephanie Feger is passionate about helping authors make their author emPact. As the host of The emPowered Author Podcast, she has merged her love for reading books, writing books and marketing books to help authors be successful by sharing emPactful marketing strategies and tactics through the podcast. As an author herself and a seasoned book marketing expert, her goal is to ensure that authors are strategic and focused when it comes to book marketing.
Betsy Wallace loves to listen to a good podcast and loves creating them! Having co-hosted, produced and edited over 300+ podcasts, she has learned first-hand how to take a powerful message and package it into a meaningful experience for listeners. While her business works with individuals from a wide range of industries, she has seen the power of the capsule podcast for authors in building visibility, creating ongoing engagement, and selling books.