Are you an authorpreneur? Do you even know what that word means?!
Well, if I were to take a guess, I would say abso-freaking-lutely you are! If you are an author, you get the beautiful privilege of adding authorpreneur to the list as well because the moment you launch a book, you are also launching a business.
It’s likely that your book is a tool for a greater purpose to your message sharing efforts. And, as an authorpreneur, you should always consider ways to support your overarching marketing strategies. Here are a few questions to reflect on as you look at your goals:
- Are you looking to recruit, engage or retain readers and/or clients in your business?
- Are you looking to grow or stabilize your business?
- Are you seeking innovative ways to provide value-add content that you can repurpose?
Knowing your goals—and how a podcast can support them—will ensure that your time and financial investments are worth it.
Here are some of my favorite highlights from this episode:
- There are various ways that authors can use a podcast as a tool within their business. I immediately highlight one option for consideration. (0:09)
- Are you an authorpreneur? Do you know what that means? I share a little more about what it means to be an authorpreneur. (4:14)
- Use a podcast to work for your business strategy, and mold it around what your authorpreneur business needs. (8:58)
- A podcast can create an experience for your reader outside of your book. (10:01)
- Have you considered using a podcast in an online course to help with screen fatigue? (11:56)
- How can a podcast be a value-add to your readers and your potential or current clients? (12:24)
- Libraries are always looking for content to share, and a podcast could be helpful in that aspect. Or consider a podcast as a tool to utilize after a speaking engagement. (14:49)
- Don’t think of a capsule podcast as only a podcast. In fact, a capsule podcast could never be put on a podcast platform and still help you recruit new, loyal followers, engage your current fans, and retain those who know you and love you already and are going to love you because of this experience. And capsule podcasts don’t have to be a one and done experience. (16:08)
If you are a nonfiction author who is interested in utilizing a capsule podcast as a tactic to support a meaningful marketing strategy for your book or your business, the emPower PR Group can help. Visit our website to learn more about our podcasting for authors solution and download our Author’s Guide to Podcasting resource. Starting a podcast should be strategic, and we are prepped and ready to help you link it to your overarching strategies and ensure that the end result is something that will help differentiate you to your target audience!
Resources highlighted in the episode include the following.
- Check out Monique Llamas of Hardcover Cook, an author that Betsy highlights of an author who has utilized a capsule podcast with her book launch.
- Learn more about how the emPower PR Group helps authors create podcasts and download the Author’s Guide to Podcasting.
Check out the other episodes in this season of The emPowered Author Podcast.
- 1.1 Don’t Just Be a Guest, Be a Podcast Host
- 1.2 Using a Podcast with an Internal Launch
- 1.3 Using a Podcast with an External Launch
- 1.5 How to Use a Podcast for Opt-ins, Lead Magnets and Nurture Campaigns
- 1.6 Use a Podcast to Get On a Podcast
Listen on your favorite podcast platform.
Watch on YouTube
You might not have gone to school for how to create a business, but you know how to write, you know how to share a message in a beautiful way and now you’re charged with looking at that through a whole different lens. That’s the lens of what I call the authorpreneur experience.
Stephanie and Betsy discuss authorpreneurship and how a podcast can be a game-changing tactic to support an author’s overall business strategies. Watch episode 1.4 of The emPowered Author Podcast on YouTube.
Memorable Quotes from the Episode
Not sure how a capsule podcast could support your overarching marketing goals and strategies?!
No worries … we’ve pulled out some of the innovative ideas that are shared throughout season one of the podcast and are excited to share those with you — and share how they have a direct correlation to your overarching marketing strategies.
Click here to learn more about our podcasting solutions and download the Author’s Guide to Podcasting.
Meet the Podcast Host and Guest
emPower PR Group
Stephanie Feger is passionate about helping authors make their author emPact. As the host of The emPowered Author Podcast, she has merged her love for reading books, writing books and marketing books to help authors be successful by sharing emPactful marketing strategies and tactics through the podcast. As an author herself and a seasoned book marketing expert, her goal is to ensure that authors are strategic and focused when it comes to book marketing.
Betsy Wallace loves to listen to a good podcast and loves creating them! Having co-hosted, produced and edited over 300+ podcasts, she has learned first-hand how to take a powerful message and package it into a meaningful experience for listeners. While her business works with individuals from a wide range of industries, she has seen the power of the capsule podcast for authors in building visibility, creating ongoing engagement, and selling books.