Launching a book is scary, invigorating and every emotion in between.
I know this because I’ve lived it. I remember the day that I launched my first book, and it brought with it a wave of emotions. But I thank my launch team who provided me support along the way. Had I been emPowered with the idea of a capsule podcast, I would have totally leveraged it to inspire my launch team to help my book be even more successful than it already was.
Launch team? What is that?! Internal launch, what is that too? No sweat! In this episode, I not only clarify that, but I also highlight the many ways you can use a capsule podcast with an internal launch. The opportunities are endless when using this approach to motivate your powerful supporters to connect you, to spread the word and to write reviews. Don’t neglect the internal launch efforts, as they may be the most important!
Here are some of my favorite highlights from this episode:
- A capsule podcast is an innovative approach to podcast hosting for authors. Learn specifically what we mean when we use this term and why authors love it! (4:03)
- Book launch! What is it, really, and what are the various types of launches? Learn the ins and outs on the types of book launches and how to consider book launches (and leveraging a capsule podcast alongside). (6:05)
- Get a glimpse into an author who leveraged a capsule podcast in alignment with the release of her book. (7:19)
- I clarify an internal launch and dig into how a launch team can help you launch your book to success. Uncover who should be on your launch team and how a capsule podcast can help you articulate how they can help you best. (9:24)
- Podcasting might be a different medium altogether than a blog, an email or even a website. Betsy shares why she thinks a podcast has a unique differentiator. (11:01)
- Understanding your target reader (and target listener) will not only help you sell books, but it will help you better engage with your readers. Making a pivot from your content being for you to it being for them is game-changing. (14:48)
- A launch team gets excited about your book when they get behind the scenes insights into your book, and a capsule podcast can allow you to invite your launch team into that. (16:51)
- Scaled intimacy. This is a podcast concept where you can have one-on-one podcast conversations at scale. (17:46)
- Utilize a capsule podcast to offer your launch team information on what the book is all about. It offers them the opportunity to become knowledgeable about your book and a street army of supporters and promoters. (18:22)
- Your book is not a banana. (Duh, you may be saying! But hear me out!) It’s not going to ripen and go bad. Don’t feel limited by the launch date. It doesn’t have a shelf life; it has life whenever you are ready to breathe more life into it. (23:33)
If you are a nonfiction author who is interested in utilizing a capsule podcast as a tactic to support a meaningful marketing strategy for your book or your business, the emPower PR Group can help. Visit our website to learn more about our podcasting for authors solution and download our Author’s Guide to Podcasting resource. Starting a podcast should be strategic, and we are prepped and ready to help you link it to your overarching strategies and ensure that the end result is something that will help differentiate you to your target audience!
Resources highlighted in the episode include the following.
- Check out Monique Llamas of Hardcover Cook, an author that Betsy highlights of an author who has utilized a capsule podcast with her book launch.
- Learn more about how the emPower PR Group helps authors create podcasts and download the Author’s Guide to Podcasting.
Check out the other episodes in this season of The emPowered Author Podcast.
- 1.1 Don’t Just Be a Guest, Be a Podcast Host
- 1.3 Using a Podcast with an External Launch
- 1.4 How a Podcast is a Powerful Authorpreneur Tool
- 1.5 How to Use a Podcast for Opt-ins, Lead Magnets and Nurture Campaigns
- 1.6 Use a Podcast to Get On a Podcast
Listen on your favorite podcast platform.
Watch on YouTube
Many authors, when thinking about the launch of a book, think about the moment that their book goes live. It’s published. And if you’re thinking about it that way, you may have a limited mindset because there’s several other ways that you can launch a book.
Stephanie and Betsy share how an internal launch team, filled with people who know you, love you and want you to succeed could benefit from a capsule podcast. In fact, it could help them become a strong street team of supporters who are helping you launch your book. Watch episode 1.2 of The emPowered Author Podcast on YouTube.
Memorable Quotes from the Episode
Not sure how a capsule podcast could support your overarching marketing goals and strategies?!
No worries … we’ve pulled out some of the innovative ideas that are shared throughout season one of the podcast and are excited to share those with you — and share how they have a direct correlation to your overarching marketing strategies.
Click here to learn more about our podcasting solutions and download the Author’s Guide to Podcasting.
Meet the Podcast Host and Guest
emPower PR Group
Stephanie Feger is passionate about helping authors make their author emPact. As the host of The emPowered Author Podcast, she has merged her love for reading books, writing books and marketing books to help authors be successful by sharing emPactful marketing strategies and tactics through the podcast. As an author herself and a seasoned book marketing expert, her goal is to ensure that authors are strategic and focused when it comes to book marketing.
Betsy Wallace loves to listen to a good podcast and loves creating them! Having co-hosted, produced and edited over 300+ podcasts, she has learned first-hand how to take a powerful message and package it into a meaningful experience for listeners. While her business works with individuals from a wide range of industries, she has seen the power of the capsule podcast for authors in building visibility, creating ongoing engagement, and selling books.